Name:
Location: Charlotte, Michigan, United States

I am a 67 year old retired guy that is living the lifestyle that I have always dreamed of. I work for myself, set my own hours, and come and go as I please. It don't get any better than that...

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Pain Is My Friend...

and I learn to live with this amusing beast. It amazes me how I can go to bed one night, and waken the next morning with such a backache that I can barely get out of bed. I have this terrible habit of sitting on my left leg, and am sure it has something to do with it, especially when I sit leaned into the monitor for hours on end. it is a habit I cannot seem to break, and for the life of me, I don't know why I can't. I am currently working on an intense project, and even though I have a 22" monitor, I need all the real estate I can get for it. I am usually very self disciplined, when it comes to things that affect me physically. Now I am sitting here, cruising on Vicodin and Tramadol, sucking down Canadian whiskey, and wondering WTF?

I have a love-hate relationship with my old pal pain. I have endured more pain in my lifetime than most people have in 20. Believe me when i say you can never learn to "live with it", as some asshat doctors have told me. Fuck that! I don't have to, and refuse to do so. I will take a myriad of drugs until almost incoherent, drink whiskey like there is no tomorrow, before I will admit that pain is good for you. The asshole that said "no pain, no gain" was a fuckin' masochist. Prolly had a closet full of whips and chains and rubber balls to stick in his old lady's mouth, dumb fuck. But that is another story altogether...

My Rosie told me tonight that I endure pain better than anyone she knows. I guess the point is that I have no choice, and pissing out my eyes is not gonna make it go away. I know that the weather here will get cold and rainy soon, and abhor the thought. I go through this every year, and it never gets better. I ofttimes wonder if I weren't an axe murderer in one of my other lives. Now, I fear, I am getting paid back. And so it goes...

Fuck it, don't mean nothin' - drive on!

Charlie~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home