Name:
Location: Charlotte, Michigan, United States

I am a 67 year old retired guy that is living the lifestyle that I have always dreamed of. I work for myself, set my own hours, and come and go as I please. It don't get any better than that...

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Spring In The Air?

It was almost decent today. I got an opportunity to sit on the deck in real comfort, and took Little Bit out for some sun. Our "deck" is really our roof, but hey! I have no presumptions about it. It serves me, and that is all that matters. when you have a view of dumpster divers, drunks fighting in the parking lot, and the occasional puking broad, what can ya say? My son has put some shrubs up here, but it just ain't the same without the grass. I am vowing to lay down turf up here and make it a roof garden. I wrote about this for IB a while back and know it can be done. It would suit a tired old man...

Anyway, I had the opportunity to sit for a few minutes in actual warmth. We have a roof that has a silver coating of sorts that reflects the morning sun nicely, and it was a good 70 degrees out of the wind up there. It made me want to go grab a cold Heineken's and celebrate, ya know? Little Bit surely enjoyed it.

I have to go to the VA in BC tomorrow to pick up my meds. I finally cajoled them into allowing me to have what works for me, even if there is a drug conflict with my psychotropics. Fuck that - I could care less as long as I feel good. That, in the final analysis, is where it is at. I don't care what kind of mix they give me, but it sure as hell better work. I got by too many years on pot and alcohol to know that it has to work for me. There is no better demon killer than booze, my friends, and pot allows you to commune with them. Some of them are rather lovely when high.

i am slowly starting to come out of my doldrums now that the weather is better. I should take LB's advice and get me a lamp for the office, and will do so this next season. It is amazing how the weather can affect you. I suppose it could be worse - I could live in Iceland, although I would like that. They still believe in elves. Speaking of elves, if you haven't seen the vid Elvenworld, you are truly missing out.

BTW. I have had a good day - deposited my check in an ever growing bank account, had a plain and simple lunch, and slept for a couple of hours this PM. Now it is back to the grind. Subway for supper, methinks. Wish they had a Quisno's in town!

Drive on,

Charlie~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home