Name:
Location: Charlotte, Michigan, United States

I am a 67 year old retired guy that is living the lifestyle that I have always dreamed of. I work for myself, set my own hours, and come and go as I please. It don't get any better than that...

Thursday, March 13, 2008

A Hint Of Spring

I'm finally seeing a bit of warmth, and let me tell ya, it is kind to these old bones. Today is the first day I have been able to open the window in my studio, and it is great to clear a little of the smoke fumes outta here. Jesus, it is a wonder I have a lung left! I've been a 3 pack a day smoker for so many years that I would prolly OD if I quit. Did that once. It sucked.

My skills in 3D are growing, and I have vtc.com to thank for it. I just don't have the time to learn on my own, even though it is the way I love to learn. I have advanced and been certified through Bryce and Poser, and am now working my way through Lightwave, which is a really tits app. I have all this knowledge now, and I am struggling how to put it to use. I surely don't want to do nothing but glam and pin-up models, because it grows old in a hurry. If I were some kinda pervy, I suppose I would continue in that direction. What really interests me in that direction is making props and clothing for that market, because it is huge. I got into 3D not only for an outlet, but because I see a market, and this is the year I diversify. I love to write, and it pays the bills, but it is an uncertain market, especially now that I no longer have LB for an editor. The peckerhead I have currently doesn't even acknowledge my article submissions, so I haven't a clue as to whether he has received them or not. LB tells me he has a bit of an ego, and I am betting he has short people's disease. Never met the dude, but can imagine.

Anyhoo, I continue to keep on keepin' on. This weather has me almost manic, and my good mood has gone from zero to 60 in a heartbeat. Alas, it is Michigan, and only the ides of March. We are not done with this shit yet. I am of course up and down also from the damnable time change, which screws with my biological clock every year. But I can tell the weather is turning. I am wanting to be outside, and thought about walking down to the White Rose (the kids call it the White Nose - can ya guess why?) and have me a cold Heineken's. I think I could manage to toddle three doors down...

Little Bit goes to the vets tomorrow for her first series of ongoing shots. She is so damn funny. I have a huge tabby named BK, and they have bonded. Funniest thing you ever saw. Here is this little pup that weighs all of three pounds attacking a cat that has to weigh 12 pounds if she weighs an ounce, is 4 times her size, and putting up with Little Bit's shit. So funny...

Drive on,

Charlie~

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home